Game-Sphere LS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An LS founded by old-school Game-Sphereians.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jobs and races?

Go down 
+5
Cynicalthrust
Sythe
Falkor
Drasill
ChooChooBear
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChooChooBear
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Post your thoughts on job's and races here!
Back to top Go down
Drasill
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Fisher/Cook   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Well I know this was already said on the FB forum, but I am going to be a Fisher/Culinarian when the game starts. Hopefully I'll be able to get alot of supplies for us in terms of food; but I don't think just being a fisher will cut it. Botanist I believe supplies alot of materials for cooks as well so I might be looking into doing that as well. Either way I wanna do some crafting straight off the bat; the crafting in XI was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me.
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Post your focuses, you can choose anything at anytime, so you aren't limited to just one, but if you are interested in being just one post it Smile

For me it's blacksmith, I want to be able to make my own weapons and armor. Also Alchemist is kinda cool to me. Potions and ethers will play a MUCH bigger role in this game than FFXI.
Back to top Go down
ChooChooBear
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I had wanted to do blacksmithing and mining as well. bounce Overlap is good though, cause they might end up doing specializations like in WoW
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Not much is known atm. Currently some assume you will be able to be every single crafting class, there isn't really a need to pick one, as you can do them all. You can be a miner, botanist, weaver, culinarian, blacksmith, leatherworker hybrid at the moment lol.

Blacksmiths also repair items, I have that in my FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Now that they announced more classes I think I wanna do Goldsmithing and Alchemy main. They were both super profitable in FFXI and hopefully in this. I guess I just like making jewelry and potions o.O
Back to top Go down
Drasill
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 pm

They just announced woodworking, which is what I was in XI, so I may pick that back up again...iunno, if I get in the beta I'll try them all out and see what I like.
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm

If MP works the way it does, I might want alchemy also. How is cooking going to work if there's no MP replenishment? That's the whole reason I did cooking also.
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Im willing to bet alchemists and cooks are going to be able to make items that replenish MP. Meaning that Ethers and MP restoring food will be hiiiiiiiiighly sought after. Hence why I want to be an alchemist...and goldsmiths just seem to make a ton of money. Jewelry is always sweet.

I bet food will give you stat increases and like mentioned possibly have MP restoring food.
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Well if it's useful at all, I'm gonna do cooking first.
Back to top Go down
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Well since they did announce woodworking I am very much inclined to go with the good ole fashioned Archer/Woodworking combo for something different. (It's a change for me.)
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 pm

I might have to make a Hume Female so the whole cooking thing makes sense. *runs away*
Back to top Go down
ChooChooBear
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA <3
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Should I change the cooking discussion to "Sammich making"?
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 pm

You might get murdered.
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Look at the cooking FAQ carefully Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tehflames
Core Member
Tehflames

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 am

DEFINITELY murdered. Jeebus. Let's keep the "sammich" jokes on Facebook groups/pages, shall we? Razz *eye roll*
Back to top Go down
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:38 pm

sammiches are an incredibly important part of life
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Cynicalthrust wrote:

Very true. Every successful guild needs a few sammich makers, I mean females.
Back to top Go down
Tehflames
Core Member
Tehflames

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:56 pm

*glare*
Back to top Go down
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Sythe wrote:
Cynicalthrust wrote:

Very true. Every successful guild needs a few sammich makers, I mean females.

+1
Back to top Go down
Quell-Man
Core Member
Quell-Man

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Why so mad, Georgia? Didn't he just say we need you? Our guild couldn't run without you! And your...flame-y-ness. Especially when it comes to having flame-broiled sammiches!

Who else does it better?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/quell_man
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Quell-Man wrote:
Why so mad, Georgia? Didn't he just say we need you? Our guild couldn't run without you! And your...flame-y-ness. Especially when it comes to having flame-broiled sammiches!

Who else does it better?

Burger King *Home of the flame broiled whopper* has NOTHING on georgia's ability...
Back to top Go down
Tehflames
Core Member
Tehflames

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm

lolol, I am a lover of sandwiches. And I am female. And while I appreciate the acclaim... I don't know if I can top BK. I mean, loaded steakhouse burger? C'MON! Pure genius.
Back to top Go down
Sythe
Admin
Sythe

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Anyway, I might try thamaturge since no one else mentioned it xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jobs and races? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs and races?   Jobs and races? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jobs and races?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game-Sphere LS :: General and Game Related :: Final Fantasy XIV-
Jump to: