Game-Sphere LS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An LS founded by old-school Game-Sphereians.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beta starts on Saturday!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Falkor
Core Member

Beta starts on Saturday! Empty
PostSubject: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Logged in the beta site and the times were posted! They are doing a Sat, Tues, Thurs schedule with 4 hours to play each day for each region. They will be testing server loads and crap and in a week or two once they decide its ok they are going to make it 24/7, or at least 24/6 lol.

In a few weeks look out for an email if you applied to be in the beta test. They are allowing the Alpha people to get on first and test the servers then they are saying they are going to bring in another wave. Im excited!
Back to top Go down
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

PostSubject: Re: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Since it has been about a week since the beta has started I figured it is time for this:
How's the beta lookin so far ladies and gents?
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

PostSubject: Re: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 pm

To be honest there was that one test, and one more, then the login servers screwed up and the next few tests were cancelled. The next one is tuesday-wednesday. It's not looking good for our friends from SE, they have a lot of work to do before september. My early prediction says that this game needs a few more months of work, but it's fun to play I supposed, except mage classes. Game seems more like you could solo to max easier than grouping and that needs to be fixed. Jon, bobby, me, and my girl all tried to group with me as a gladiator with provoke, and it just sucked. Most mobs were way too hard and the ones that weren't were soloable.

Game shows promise, but needs work. Hopefully we'll see some updates and fixes! There's a HUGE problem with ATI cards right now, particularly ones on laptops, and SE hasn't even addressed it, this is the only serious game breaker. Everything else that is bad can be fixed but if they released without fixing the ATI problem about 50% of their user base is going to ask for a refund.

End lol.

I'll give an update after a few more testing sessions Smile I want to at least get max level (30 Atm) and try crafting/gathering and the main quests.

Anyways at the end of testing I got 11 Lancer, 10 Glad, 9 Marauder, 9 Pugalist and Physical level 17. Did some cool level 10 Guildleves with bobby that got me a fair amount of gil. There's a bug where items say "Required rank 15" or something, but you can equip it at say rank 10 lol. So bobby and I are running around with gear on that says we're not high enough rank to use it o.O Fail
Back to top Go down
Cynicalthrust
Core Member

PostSubject: Re: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Ick sounds more like its still in alpha phase than in beta....

However, that does not put a damper on my hopes simply because the game should be in really good shape by PS3 release which is what I imagine is SE's goal. + SE is pretty good about fixing bugs and stuff (its why we have like 600 emergency maintainance on FFXI after a new version update).

I am honestly amazed that it didnt take you that long to reach max. And what is the physical thing your talking about?

Last edited by Cynicalthrust on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falkor
Core Member

PostSubject: Re: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:13 pm

That was 100% my thoughts when I logged in, Posted on the beta forums too. I said "This should have been the alpha, and the alpha shouldn't have been shown to the public"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta starts on Saturday!   Beta starts on Saturday! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta starts on Saturday!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game-Sphere LS :: General and Game Related :: Final Fantasy XIV-
Jump to: